I have worked for more than 15 years providing communications support for individual and corporate clients. An editorial consultation is intended expressly as a short-term resolution for those who have complete (or near-complete) pieces or manuscripts that need editing. This option is an great way to quickly bring your work to the final draft stage. My rate is $100/hour and $150/hour for guaranteed 48-hour turnaround.
Working with me in the context of editorial consultation, you will receive:
• a brief initial exchange via phone or email to outline your needs for revision
• a time and cost estimate for the project
• a schedule for completion, subject to your agreement
• progress updates via email
• finalized editorial recommendations for your piece by the agreed-upon completion date
The following is an estimate of costs for some sample editing projects:
• 1 to 3 poems (.5-2 hours) – $50-$200
• 1,000- to 2,500-word article (2-3 hours) – $200-$300
• website overview – up to 20 pages (5-10 hours) – $500-$1000
• 40- to 100-page chapbook (10 to 25 hours) - $1,000-$2,500
• Novel-length manuscript (20-40 hours) - $2,000-$4,000
Contact me at email@example.com and we can begin a dialogue about what kind of writing support you need.